Friday, January 28, 2011

The Food Desert Project - Tuna and Cannelini Salad

037


Sometimes, I'm making a food desert recipe and I don't even know it!  Today, I was home on my own and needed a quick lunch - so I headed for the pantry as usual.  Sometimes it's just as simple as dumping stuff into a bowl:

1 pouch tuna
1 can cannelini beans, drained
2 tbsp capers
1 tbsp black olives, chopped
2 canned roasted red peppers, chopped
4 canned artichokes, sliced
Simple vinaigrette.

034


Simply toss the ingredients in a bowl, drizzle with vinaigrette, and serve!  Enjoy!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

This looks like a good mix of interesting flavors! I've seen a lot of tuna and white bean salads covered in mayonnaise, and I'm not a huge fan of mayo... this looks absolutely delicious. I love tart olives and capers. I can totally see this on ciabatta bread, or with crackers!

Michele Hays said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michele Hays said...

Let me try that again - Thanks, Cassie, and welcome! I just had it again for lunch today - yes, it's got great flavor - I'm not a fan of mayo, myself! The beans are starchy enough that you can eat it straight - but it went well with whole-wheat crackers, too (adds crunch.)

Post a Comment