Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sundays with Sparky - Brie and Blue Cheese Stuffed Peppers

022
We hadn't eaten dinner yet, and I really wasn't in the mood to cook.  I mean, I really wasn't in the mood - we'd had family in from out of town, we were crazy with last-minute end-of-school tasks, and I was exhausted from cooking, planning, running, doing.  Sparky came up to me, put his head on my shoulder (!!) and said "Mom, can we have a naughty dinner tonight?"

I knew what he meant: about a month before, when we were in a similar situation,  we had cake-waffles and ice cream in the freezer, and he and I had a super-secret dinner of just homemade ice cream sandwiches and water!  I told him, regretfully, that since we'd been running around eating junk all day, we needed to eat something a little better this time.  I found some cute little brie rounds in the fridge, as well as some blue cheese, and Sparky said "Well, why don't we have bell peppers and cheese?"

I instantly started rummaging around for crackers, when Sparky stopped me.  "No, I mean cheese IN the peppers."

And thus, the first All-Sparky recipe was born:

0011 bag of mini sweet bell peppers
Brie cheese
Blue cheese

010







Sparky cut the mini peppers in half, and then set them on their caps to cut out the core.

016






He then stuffed each pepper half with cheese.
020
021


















Simple, yes - but brilliant.  Brilliant and delicious, and proof that sometimes "cooking" isn't needed to make a meal, but good company definitely helps you enjoy it!

031




No comments:

Post a Comment